The Fifth Joint Workshop on Hands-free Speech Communication and Microphone Arrays will be held on March 1-3, 2017 at the Google Offices in downtown San Francisco, California. The workshop is devoted to presenting recent advances in distant-talking speech communication and human/machine interaction with an emphasis on multi-microphone systems. It will bring together researchers and practitioners from universities and industry working in distant speech and speaker recognition, speech enhancement, high-quality sound capture, and multiple-input/multiple-output (MIMO) acoustic signal processing. Demonstrations of experimental systems, applications, and prototypes are especially welcome.
HSCMA 2017 is being held with technical sponsorship by the IEEE Signal Processing Society and will immediately precede ICASSP 2017.
Papers in all areas of distant-talking human/human and human/machine interaction are encouraged, including:
- Multi-channel and single-channel approaches for speech acquisition, noise suppression, source localization and separation, dereverberation, echo cancellation, and acoustic event detection
- Speech and speaker recognition technology for hands-free scenarios, including robust acoustic modeling, novel features, feature enhancement, dereverberation, and model adaptation
- Microphone array technology and architectures, especially for distant-talking speech recognition and acoustic scene analysis
- Multi-channel rendering, including spatial audio for immersive environments, improvements to intelligibility in noisy environments, and privacy of speech communications
- Speech corpora for training and evaluation of distant-talking speech systems
- Applications based on microphone arrays and hands-free speech systems.
The program will also feature special sessions on new or emerging topics of interest. Proposals for special sessions must include the session title, rationale, outline, and a list of four invited papers.
|Submission of Special Session Proposals||September 1, 2016|
|Special Session Decisions Announced||September 15, 2016|
|Paper Submission Deadline||December 13, 2016|
|Final PDF Upload of Submitted Papers||December 18, 2016|
|Notification of Paper Decisions||January 20, 2017|
|Camera Ready Papers Due||January 23, 2017|